Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Story of the Ring

As the title suggests, here is a story of when Eric started looking into rings. This is from an email he sent to a friend. Crystal found this amusing...


"When I moved to the city, Crystal gave me a CTA pass so that I could take the el or a bus and not have to use cash. That little gift has proven quite useful ever since. Apparently, these cards automatically draw funds out of a person's account once they reach a certain threshold. I'll come back to this in a second.

Last night, Crystal was meeting up with a friend for dinner after work, so I knew that I had some time before she was going to be around. So, I went home and hopped on the el to head downtown to go to a jewelry store. Obviously, I haven't told Crystal any of this and I had no intention of mentioning it.

Well... it seems that yesterday was the day that the balance on the card decided to dip below its threshold. Which means that Crystal's bank account was charged the standard reloading charge. Which means that when Crystal was checking her bank account this morning she recognized a charge from the CTA. Which means Crystal sends me an instant message asking me if I took the train yesterday. Which means Eric had to tell her that he did. Which means that Eric, King of the Dumbasses, got busted - hard core - less than 24 hours after he put down a deposit on a ring. Which means that Crystal is now suspicious and, if she really decided to do some research, could check the rider logs to see where the el stop was and she could start to put two and two together. Phew!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moon Palace Golf Resort & Spa

Moon Palace Golf Resort & Spa